No, the Bible isn’t a book of rules, or a book of heroes. The Bible is most of all a Story. It’s an adventure story about a young Hero who comes from a far country to win back his lost treasure. It’s a love story about a brave Prince who leaves his palace, his throne — everything — to rescue the one he loves. It’s like the most wonderful of fairy tales that has come true in real life!
You see, the best thing about this Story is — it’s true.
There are lots of stories in the Bible, but all the stories are telling one Big Story. The Story of how God loves his children and comes to rescue them.
It takes the whole Bible to tell this Story. And at the center of the Story, there is a baby. Every Story in the Bible whispers his name. He is like the missing piece in a puzzle — the piece that makes all the other pieces fit together, and suddenly you can see a beautiful picture.
And this is no ordinary baby. This is the Child upon whom everything would depend. This is the Child who would one day — but wait. Our Story starts where all good stories start. Right at the very beginning…
search this site
stuff i write about
- Answers to Email (86)
- Books (and other stuff) Worth Reading (42)
- Flashback Friday (19)
- Guest Posts (7)
- L'Abri (24)
- Miscelaneous Musings (26)
- Photography (7)
- Poetry (13)
- Question Tuesdays (64)
- Speaking & Writing Projects: Lectures, Letters, Papers & Blogs (24)
- Thinking through Christianity (4)
- TV & Film (10)
stuff i write about mostadvice art Bible biblestudy Bible translations Books character study charity Christ and Culture Christian-living Christian culture christianity Christians Christmas church community conservative CS Lewis culture dark dating divorce drinking faith fiction film friendship gay marriage glee God Gospel grammar harry potter hell hermeneutics Holy Spirit homosexuality King Josiah L'Abri light love Love and Respect magic marriage Matthew 10 mountains movies music Obama parenting perfectionism pictures piercings poetry politics postmodernism prayer questions reading reading the Bible religion romance salvation sex sin singleness speak what we feel spirituality theology transition truth valentine's day women worldview writing
- RT @ChristineHMusic: Glorious Texas Spring: youtu.be/pV_L_y90Er0?a via @YouTube 2 months ago
- Look what I found from Out of Print! When in Doubt women's red library t-shirt – Out of Print shop.pe/gHssaT via @OutofPrintTees 2 months ago
- Yall: submit your photos, be in a music video! #bluebonnets #Texas #TexasSpring twitter.com/ChristineHMusi… 2 months ago
- This. Yes. We love you, Uncle @JoeBiden! twitter.com/JoeBiden/statu… 2 months ago
- RT @UCPTweets: BOOK SIGNING 1-3 PM this Sunday at @halfpricebooks in Dallas! Come say hello! ow.ly/OQTu30aaBUH #StarTrek #GospelAccor… 3 months ago